MEI Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
The Code of Ethics and Business Conduct (“Code”) articulates the ideals to which Means Engineering, Inc. (“MEI”) aspires as well as the behaviors mandatory in our professional roles. We are committed to doing what is right and honorable and set high standards for ourselves. The purpose of the Code is to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as MEI’s values and standards. We believe this Code will assist us in making wise decisions that are in the best interests of all MEI stakeholders, particularly when faced with difficult situations where we may be asked to compromise our integrity or our values.
MEI conducts business on the basis of fairness, respect and honesty and expects the same from parties with whom MEI does business. MEI has aligned itself with the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) and is actively pursuing conformance to the EICC Code of Conduct. The EICC is a coalition of the world’s leading electronics companies working to ensure that workers are treated with respect and dignity and that working conditions in the electronics industry supply chain are safe. Standards in the areas of Labor, Health & Safety, Environment and Ethics provide guidance to improve efficiency as well as social, environmental and ethical responsibility in the global electronics supply chain.
MEI is committed to a respectful working environment that shows high regard for ourselves and others. We promote an environment of mutual cooperation where diverse perspectives and views are encouraged and valued. We provide equal opportunity for all in hiring, promoting and compensating. We conduct ourselves in a professional manner and negotiate in good faith. We do not act in an abusive manner toward others and have zero tolerance of any form of discrimination or harassment.
MEI makes decisions and takes actions based on the best interests of society, public safety and the environment. We inform ourselves and uphold the policies, rules, regulations and laws that govern our work and activities. We are committed to the responsible sourcing of materials and exercise due diligence to ensure no financing of perpetrators of human rights abuses. We protect proprietary or confidential information that has been entrusted to us. We exchange gifts of nominal value only and have zero tolerance to any form of bribery or lack of integrity. We report unethical or illegal conduct to appropriate management.
MEI demonstrates responsibility for sustainable operations and products and works to continuously improve our environmental performance by reducing our environmental footprint. We strive to be energy efficient in our daily operations and reduce harmful emissions and eliminate waste streams whenever possible. We ensure our employees’ working conditions are safe and healthy. We are committed to environmental stewardship.
We act in a truthful manner both in our communications and our conduct. We provide accurate information in a timely manner. It is our duty to fulfill the commitments that we undertake and when we make errors, take ownership and make corrections promptly. MEI strives to create an environment in which others feel safe to tell the truth. We adhere to all applicable laws and regulations.
This Code is mandatory for every employee and must guide our behavior. MEI has a procedure for reporting issues with respect to the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct. Management ensures that no retaliation is made against any employee reporting, in good faith, a breach of this Code.
Means Engineering, Inc. (MEI) complies with all applicable national, state, and local laws and regulations including those related to environment, ethics, labor, and health and safety. In addition to complying with all legal requirements, MEI’s policies are aligned with international standards of social accountability and environmental management. MEI is committed to the ethical business practices and standards of the EICC Code of Conduct and international standard SA 8000. Means Engineering, Inc. is currently pursuing certification of its Environmental Management System to ISO14001. MEI’s Compliance Program actively evaluates all business practices to ensure legal, ethical, and customer requirements and expectations are met.
At Means Engineering, Inc. it is our mission to be the benchmark of customer service in product design and manufacturing. We recognize that setting the bar for excellence requires not only exceptional service but also a commitment to environmental responsibility in all areas of our business. Protecting our shared environment is of fundamental importance to our organization as it is to our customers, employees, and community. In support of our common goals, Means Engineering is dedicated to meeting or exceeding all compliance obligations, reducing our environmental footprint, and promoting environmental stewardship while continually improving our environmental management system to enhance environmental performance.
Labor Conduct Policy
At Means Engineering, Inc., we are committed to conducting our business in an honest and ethical manner that upholds the human rights of all workers. We align ourselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct laid out in the Social Accountability 8000 International Standard (SA8000) and the Electronics Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) Code of Conduct. Means Engineering, Inc. strives to ensure we are not complicit in any human rights violations and expect the same of our suppliers and partners. Means Engineering, Inc. policies clearly define standards and guidelines for responsible and ethical business operations. It is the responsibility of every employee to comply with all laws, policies, and principles.
- Means Engineering, Inc. will not use forced or involuntary labor in any form. This includes forced, bonded, and involuntary or prison labor. All employment is voluntary and includes written agreements of the terms and conditions of employment.
- Means Engineering, Inc. will not use child labor. All employees must meet the minimum age standards set by local laws. For all young laborers (ages 16-18) strict policies regarding work permits, hours worked, and working conditions will be followed.
- Means Engineering, Inc. will comply with all applicable laws regarding hours and wages including those related to minimum wage, overtime, and legally mandated benefits. Working hours will not exceed what is permitted by law.
- Means Engineering, Inc. will treat workers with dignity and respect. There will be no inhumane treatment (e.g. abuse, physical or mental coercion, sexual harassment, or corporal punishment) nor will there be a threat of inhumane treatment. Harassment or unlawful discrimination such as on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, sexual, or political orientation will not be tolerated.
- Means Engineering, Inc. will provide a safe and healthy work environment. Health and safety hazards will be minimized or eliminated to the extent reasonably possible and workers will be provided the appropriate safety training and equipment.
- Means Engineering, Inc. will respect the legal rights of workers to join or not join worker organizations or labor unions and to engage in collective bargaining. It is our belief that the interests of the company and the employees are best served by open and direct communication between workers and management, and we strive to foster positive communication and relationships.
To access our FTP site you will need a user-name and password. To obtain login information and instructions please contact your MEI representative.
If you have already received your login credentials please proceed to the FTP site.