Our accomplished Design Engineers can support your design needs from conceptualization to end of life product support. The support of our engineering team provides continuity through all phases of new product introduction.
Our Design Engineering experience includes:
• Mechanical and Electronic Systems
• Software and Firmware
• Schematic design and PCB Layout
• New process development
• Quick turn projects
MEI’s PCA work center supports all common circuit board technologies including SMT and PTH assemblies, typically to IPC 610, Class 3 standards.
• Leaded and RoHS Processes
• X-Ray and AOI inspection
• Functional Testing
• Cable and Harness (IPC 620, Class 3)
MEI’s machine shop provides tight tolerance precision machining to support the most exacting customer requirements. We provide creative solutions to the most difficult machining problems and welcome a challenge on those parts that no one can seem to get right.
Our machining capabilities include:
• Low to medium volume, high mix, complex machined components
• 3 and 4-axis milling
• Exotic metals, including molybdenum, titanium, and high nickel alloys
• Environmentally controlled machining environment
Our combination of highly skilled employees and advanced facilities allow us to fabricate complex welded assemblies for a wide range of industries. The quality of work produced by our welding shop is assured by our demanding quality management processes.
Our welding expertise includes:
• Orbital welding to semi E-49
• TIG and MIG welding
• Vacuum Systems, High Purity Gas and Liquid distribution and storage systems
• RGA testing
• Helium leak testing
MEI’s state of the art clean room facilities feature both class 1000 and class 100 areas for assembly of high purity components for the semiconductor and bio-pharmaceutical industries.
Clean room capabilities include:
• Class 100 and to class 10,000 clean room facilities
• Orbital Welding to Semi E-49 standards
• Helium Leak Testing
• Precision Cleaning
• Vacuum Bagging/Packaging
As a vertically integrated manufacturer, MEI has extensive experience in both module level and product level manufacturing. Our sophisticated ERP system seamlessly handles projects with complex multi-level bills of materials. Integrating components from our in-house welding, machining, and PCA work centers allows us to deliver an exceptional level of quality, flexibility, and cost competitiveness.
Our integration experience includes:
• Fluid and gas handling systems
• Commercial and Military Displays
• High Tech Vacuum Systems
• Aviation Electronics
• Electro-Optical Systems
At the core of MEI’s business operations is our comprehensive Quality Management System; registered to ISO 9001 and AS 9100.
Our Quality Management System is supported by:
• Experienced quality staff equipped with the latest metrology equipment (including CMM)
• Gage R&R
• Advanced CMM software/programming
• Capability Studies
• Control Plans
• Lean Initiatives